Vardenafil Review For Hard Erection and Unpleasant Side Effects
The drug Vardenafil is a member of a group of drugs called PDE5 inhibitors. These are drugs that are used to treat men who have erectile dysfunction. This includes men who have problems getting or maintaining an erection in order to have satisfactory sexual intercourse.
At least 10% of men have difficulty getting or maintaining an erection. The cause of this can be either mental or physical. Regardless of the cause, a large part of these problems arise from not enough blood being able to flow into the erectile tissues of the penis.
Vardenafil only works if there is also a sexual stimulus at the same time. It blocks the action of certain enzymes in the body that regulate the contraction and relaxation of the corpora cavernosa. Vardenafil improves the regulation of the main mechanisms responsible for achieving a healthy erection.
Important information about taking Vardenafil
Vardenafil is a medicine that can usually be used without many problems or side effects. However, there are a number of situations where the risk of these things increases significantly. Always contact a doctor or pharmacist if you are faced with such circumstances.
Situations in which it is not wise to use Vardenafil in any case:
- Allergy to the active ingredient Vardenafil or any of the other ingredients contained in the medication
- Combination containing nitrates. Glycerol trinitrate treatments for angina or nitric oxide such as amyl nitrite are a good example. These, combined with Vardenafil, can seriously affect your blood pressure
- Using ritonavir or indinavir. These are medicines to treat HIV
- Use of ketaconazole or itraconazole in men over 75 years of age
- Serious heart or liver problems
- kidney dialysis
- Stroke or heart attack experience
- Low bloodpressure
- History of degenerative eye diseases in the family
- Impaired vision due to damage to the optic nerve due to insufficient blood supply
- Combined with the drug riociguat. This is used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension
Take special care with Vardenafil in the following cases:
- heart problems. Having sex can be risky then
- Irregular heartbeat or other heart disease
- Severe deformation of the penis
- Priapism due to sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, or leukemia
- Chronic stomach ulcers
- Hemophilia or other blood disorders
- Use of other erection drugs
- Sudden deterioration of vision
Use by children or adolescents
Vardenafil is not intended for use by children or adolescents under 18 years of age.
Combination with other drugs
Always indicate clearly if you are using other medication besides Vardenafil. This also includes drugs that can be used without a prescription.
Some drugs that can cause problems with Vardenafil are:
- Alpha blockers – to treat high blood pressure or an enlarged prostate
- Medications containing nitrates – drugs to treat angina or nitric oxide donors such as amyl nitrite. Taking Vardenafil in combination with these agents may affect blood pressure.
- Medicines for the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias
- Ritonavir or indinavir – medication to treat HIV
- Ketoconazole or itraconazole – used to treat fungi
- Clarithromycin, erythromycin or macrolide antibiotics
Combination with food, drink and alcohol
- Alcohol has a negative effect on getting an erection, even after using erection drugs.
- It is not wise to consume grapefruit juice within 24 hours before or after use. Grapefruit juice can change how Vardenafil works.
- The medicine can be taken with or without food. However, it is true that large – especially high-fat – meals can slow down the absorption rate of the active ingredient.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Vardenafil is not suitable for use by women.
Driving and using heavy machinery
You may experience poor vision or dizziness after taking Vardenafil. If this is the case, it is not advisable to drive a vehicle, operate heavy machinery or use tools.
Information on taking Vardenafil
Always use this medicine according to the guidelines provided in this Vardenafil package insert. If you are not sure whether these apply to you, ask a doctor just to be sure about the exact position of the fork in the handle.
The standard dosage is 10mg. It is best taken 25-30 minutes before intercourse. The drug will be effective within half an hour and will remain active for about 4-5 hours. The tablets can be swallowed whole with a glass of water.
Contact a doctor or pharmacist if you think that the dose of Vardenafil used is too high or too low. In consultation, it is then possible to choose an adjustment in the dose used.
What To Do If You Take Too Much Vardenafil
If you have taken more Vardenafil than recommended, it is a good idea to inform a doctor. This is usually not a disaster. One of the most common complaints in such a situation is lower back pain.
If you still have questions after reading this Vardenafil package insert, always talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
Side effects of Vardenafil
It is always possible that you will experience side effects with a medicine such as Vardenafil. This does not apply to most people and the side effects are usually quite mild. Nevertheless, always contact a doctor if you experience side effects to avoid unpleasant situations.
Side effects that occur regularly (1 in 10 users):
- To blush
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Constipation stool
Occasional side effects (1 in 100 users):
- Stomach upset
- Trouble sleeping
- Skin rash
- muscle strain
- Prolonged erections
- ringing in the ears
- Skin rash
- Increased heartrate
Side effects that occur in very rare cases (1 in 1000 users):
- feeling faint
- Sore eyes
- heart problems
- sore chest
- Allergic reaction to any of the ingredients
- anxiety attacks
- Increase the pressure in the eye or more tear fluid
- High or low blood pressure
- Nose bleeding
- Sensitive skin when exposed to sunlight
- Pain with erections
If you have to deal with side effects that are clearly present, always contact a doctor. This also applies to side effects not mentioned in this Vardenafil package insert.
Always keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
It is not recommended to use this erection agent after the expiry date. This can be found on the packaging after the abbreviation “EXP”. The expiry date refers to the last day of the month indicated on the packaging.
Never dispose of this medication through wastewater or in the trash. Always ask the pharmacist what the best way to do if you want to throw away such medicines. Such measures are also better for the environment.
Read this Vardenafil review carefully before you start taking this medicine. Always contact a doctor or pharmacist if you are still unsure about certain matters after reading this leaflet.