Dapoxetine Review: Ejaculation Control Use and Side Effects
Dapoxetine belongs to the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) group of medicines. This medication is also regularly used as a urological medicine.
Dapoxetine makes you take longer to ejaculate and can also improve ejaculation control. This can reduce frustration or worry about rapid ejaculation. Dapoxetine is used to treat premature ejaculation in adult males between 18 and 64.
Premature ejaculation is when a man ejaculates with little sexual stimulation and before the man wants to. This can cause mental problems for the man and cause difficulties in sexual relations.
Information before you take dapoxetine.
Dapoxetine is a medication that generally does not cause any problems if you follow the recommendations during use. However, there are some situations where dapoxetine is not advisable.
Do not use dapoxetine in the following situations:
- Allergy to dapoxetine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- Heart problems – such as heart failure or a heart rhythm disorder
- Past with fainting
- Past with mania or severe depression
- Moderate or severe liver problems
If you are dealing with the above situations, always contact a doctor before you start using dapoxetine.
Children and adolescents
This medicine is not suitable for children or adolescents under 18.
Warnings and Precautions
Always check with a doctor, pharmacist, or nurse before using dapoxetine if:
- Premature ejaculation has not been diagnosed
- Other sexual problems such as erectile dysfunction
- Suffering from dizziness due to low blood pressure
- Use of recreational drugs such as ecstasy, LSD, narcotics, or benzodiazepines
- Regular consumption of alcohol
- Previously had a mental health problem such as depression, mania, bipolar disorder, or schizophrenia
- you have epilepsy
- History of bleeding or blood clotting problems
- You have kidney problems
- Increased risk of high pressure in the eye (glaucoma)
Combination with other drugs
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other erection medicines. This also applies to drugs obtained without a prescription, such as herbal medicines.
This is because dapoxetine can affect the way some other medicines work. Also, some other drugs can affect the way dapoxetine works. Taking other medications can affect the maximum dose of dapoxetine you can take.
Do not take dapoxetine at the same time as any of the following medicines:
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors for Depression.
- Thioridazine is used for schizophrenia.
- Other drugs for depression.
- Lithium – a cure for bipolar disorder.
- Linezolid – is an antibiotic used to treat infections.
- Tryptophan – a medication to help you sleep.
- St John’s wort – a herbal remedygenees.
- Tramadol – is used to treat severe pain.
- Medicines to treat migraines.
Do not take Priligy simultaneously as any of the medicines listed above. If you have taken any of these medicines, wait 14 days before taking dapoxetine.
Conversely, wait seven days after stopping dapoxetine before taking any of the above medicines. In case of doubt, always consult a doctor or pharmacist.
- Certain medicines for fungal infection – including ketoconazole and itraconazole
- Medicines for HIV – including ritonavir, saquinavir, nelfinavir and atazanavir
- Antibiotics to treat infections – including telithromycin
- Nefazodone – an antidepressant
Combining drugs with dapoxetine only after consulting a doctor:
- Medicines for mental health problems other than depression
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen or acetylsalicylic acid
- Blood thinners
- PDE5 inhibitors such as sildenafil, tadalafil, avanafil, vardenafil, or Kamagra
- Treatment of high blood pressure, chest pain, or enlarged prostate
- Yeast infection treatments – such as fluconazole
- HIV medications – including amprenavir and fosamprenavir
- Antibiotics to treat infections – such as erythromycin and clarithromycin
- Aprepitant – used to treat nausea
If you are unsure if any of the above applies to you, talk to a doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine.
Dapoxetine leaflet with food and alcohol
- This medicine can be taken with or without food
- Take with at least one full glass of water
- Avoid alcohol when taking this medicine
- The use of dapoxetine may enhance the effects of alcohol
Pregnancy, Breastfeeding, and Fertility
This medicine is not suitable for use by women.
Driving and using machines
It is possible to feel sleepy, dizzy, weak, and unfocused while taking dapoxetine. In addition, likely, your eyesight is not optimal. If you experience these symptoms, it is not wise to participate in traffic, drive heavy machinery or work with tools.
Dapoxetine contains lactose. Contact a doctor if you have an allergy or intolerance to this.
Administration of Dapoxetine
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has instructed. Consult a doctor or pharmacist if there is any doubt about this.
- The recommended dose is 30 mg. A doctor may increase the dose to 60 mg
- Take medicine 1 to 3 hours before sexual activity is expected
- Do not use this medicine more than once every 24 hours
- Swallow the tablets whole to avoid a bitter taste with at least one full glass of water. This can help reduce your chance of fainting
- Dapoxetine can be taken with or without food
- Not suitable for use by men under 18 or over 65 years of age
- After four weeks or six doses, discuss the progress with a doctor to see if you should continue the treatment. If treatment is continued, see a doctor every six months.
What to do in case of a dapoxetine overdose
Contact a doctor or pharmacist immediately, especially if (serious) side effects.
What to do after stopping dapoxetine
Talk to a doctor or pharmacist if you stop taking dapoxetine. You may experience some side effects, such as dizziness. In addition, you may have doubts or questions about some issues.
Side Effects and Dangers
You may experience side effects when using dapoxetine, as with almost any medicine. However, this is not always the case. However, if you experience significant side effects, always contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Stop taking dapoxetine and see a doctor immediately if:
- Suffering from seizures (seizures).
- You pass out or feel light-headed when you stand up.
- Noticeable changes in your mood.
- You have thoughts about suicide or harming yourself.
If you notice any of the above symptoms, stop taking this medicine and see a doctor immediately.
Widespread side effects (more than 1 in 10 men):
- To feel sick
Common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 men):
- Feeling irritable, anxious, agitated, or restless
- Feeling numb or absent
- Difficulty getting or maintaining an erection
- Excessive sweating
- Diarrhea, constipation, or flatulence
- Stomach pain, bloating, or being sick
- Trouble sleeping or strange dreams
- Feeling tired or sleepy
- Stuffy nose
- A rise in blood pressure
- Difficulty concentrating
- Shake or vibrate
- Lower interest in sex
- ringing in the ears
- Blurry sight
- Constipation stool
- Dry mouth
Rare side effects (up to 1 in 100 men):
- Fainting or feeling dizzy
- Change in mood, feeling overly excited, or feelings of paranoia
- Confused, disoriented, or unable to think clearly
- Slow or irregular heartbeat or increase in heart rate
- Loss of libido, problems reaching orgasm
- Feeling weak, numb, sluggish, or tired of
- Feeling depressed, nervous or indifferent
- Feeling hot, jittery, abnormal, or drunk
- Vision problems, eye pain, or dilated pupils
- Low or high blood pressure
- Feeling itchy or cold sweat
- Spinning feeling
- Strange taste in the mouth
- teeth grinding
Rare side effects (up to 1 in 1000 men):
- Dizziness after exercise.
- Sudden onset of sleep.
- The urgency of bowel function.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date. This is stated on the carton after EXP. The expiration date refers to the last day of that month.
- Do not dispose of medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medications you no longer use. These measures help protect the environment.
Please read this dapoxetine review carefully if you plan to treat premature ejaculations with dapoxetine. Before taking medicine, always consult a doctor or pharmacist for professional advice.