Bicalutamide is a medicine that is used for treatment of prostate cancer. Casodex is the trade name for this drug and it is used in combination in association or combination with LHRH (luteinizing hormone releasing hormone) and may also be used for other kinds of issues as per doctor’s instruction. It works by blocking the working of testosterone and should not be taken by ladies or child.
It is advised not to use Bicalutamide Casodex if you:
- Have allergy towards bicalutamide
- Are a woman or kid
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
While you are suggested a Bicalutamide Casodex medication by your doctor, keep in mind and remember:
- To discuss with your doctor about your medical condition, if any problem apart from androgen issues
- If you are breast feeding, pregnant or have planned to become pregnant
- If you are following some medical practice, prescribed or non prescribed
- If you have major health issues like diabetes or liver issues from some time
- If you have some allergy to particular medicine, food, liquid or like that
While some medicines may interact with Bicalutamide Casodex to form some infection and harm your health so discuss with your doctor in advance.
How to take Bicalutamide Casodex?
The first and foremost instruction is to follow your doctor’s direction while you use Bicalutamide Casodex. Check the medicine labels for your knowledge. The Bicalutamide Casodex itself comes with a leaflet informing the details for doses and extra dosing. Some of the instructions for having Bicalutamide Casodex are:
- Bicalutamide Casodex should be taken by mouth with or without food
- You can also take Bicalutamide Casodex along with your cancer medicine on the same time everyday
- In case unfortunately you have missed a dose of Bicalutamide Casodex, you are advised to go back to regular schedule rather than taking 2 doses at once.
- Its best to ask your medical health provider and take suggestions on how to take Bicalutamide Casodex
Other Safety Information for Bicalutamide Casodex
Sometimes it might be that intake of Bicalutamide Casodex causes dizziness and tiredness. The effects may even worsen if you are taking Bicalutamide Casodex with some other medicines. Proper precaution must be taken while using Bicalutamide Casodex and also avoids traffic and other unsafe or risky tasks that can react and create problems.
Bicalutamide Casodex intakes also causes sunburns and that’s why patients are suggested sun, sunlamps, heat exposure and similar other situations. Until and unless you actually know how to react to Bicalutamide Casodex side effects, do not land yourself is such situations. For your protection you can carry sunscreen, protective clothing etc. if you are going out for longer time and using Bicalutamide Casodex. Records have it that it is very rare that fatal problem or any serious disorder have happened to patients who are regular consumers of Bicalutamide Casodex. The symptoms for some serious disorder like liver issues may include:
- Loss of appetite
- Pale Stool
- Stomach Pain
- Yellow skin or eyes etc.
In case you are facing breathing or lung related issues after the consumption of Bicalutamide Casodex call your doctor immediately and they will suggest a treatment for you. Bicalutamide Casodex may also cause constipation or diarrhoea. For other patients like Diabetes, the consumption of Bicalutamide Casodex may raise their blood sugar level, making them feel drowsy, thirsty, confused etc. In fact, sometimes it results in faster breathing, fruit like breath odour. In such cases, consult your doctor right the moment. While you are taking Bicalutamide Casodex, several lab tests might be taken like function, prostate-specific antigen (PSA), and blood sugar levels etc. for proper functioning of the body. For elderly people, using or taking Bicalutamide Casodex needs cautions and can have more sensitive effects.
For Pregnant and Breast Feeding Mothers:
Bicalutamide Casodexare not approved for use of women. In fact, they are prohibited while you are pregnant or breast feeding. It can harm for us and if you are used to taking Bicalutamide Casodex then avoid getting pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking bicalutamide.
Possible side effects of Bicalutamide Casodex:
All medicines have side effects, on some people, it is minor while some might face major ones. The common side effects of taking Bicalutamide Casodexinclude:
- Back, pelvic, stomach, or general body pain;
- decreased sexual ability;
- frequent urination, especially at night; gas;
- headache; hot flashes; nausea; stomach upset; sweating;
- trouble sleeping; weakness.
The severe side effects of Bicalutamide Casodexinclude:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing;
- tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue;
- vomiting; weight change; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
- difficulty swallowing; unusual hoarseness); black or bloody stools;
- severe or persistent dizziness, drowsiness, or headache;
- changes in the amount of urine produced; chest pain;
- pale stools; severe or persistent cough;
- blurred vision or other vision changes; bone pain; breast growth or pain;
- dark or bloody urine; fainting; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat;
- flu-like symptoms; increased hunger, thirst, or urination; joint pain, stiffness, or swelling;
- loss of appetite; mental or mood changes (eg, anxiety, depression);
- muscle aches or weakness; numbness or tingling of the skin;
- severe or persistent nausea or stomach pain; swelling of the ankles, legs, or feet;
- unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual tiredness or weakness;
Where to buy Bicalutamide Casodex?
While buying Bicalutamide Casodex is strictly based on your doctor’s prescription and using it without prescription or knowing the harmful effects can prove to be fatal. You can but Bicalutamide Casodex online as well as offline.