Blastoestimulina is one of the most commonly used medications to help heal wounds. It accelerates the healing process and also contains an antibiotic action.It is a medicine for cutaneous use and is applied to heal wounds, ulcers, sores, bedsores and skin burns. In addition, it is used as a supportive treatment in surgical wounds and in skin graft implants. Its healing effect is mostly due to its main component: gotu kola extract .The gotu kola is a plant that belongs to the genus Apiaceae , and is used in traditional Chinese medicine and Ayurvedic medicine in India for the treatment of scars. It is an antibiotic , antifungal and has a cytostatic effect.This plant accelerates skin healing because it fixes two important amino acids, alanine and prolamine, to collagen . In this way, it stimulates the granulation tissue and facilitates the reconstruction of the damaged tissues of the dermis.
Besides the gotu kola extract, another component of this medicine is neomycin , an antibiotic that covers the wound to isolate it from germs and is usually prescribed to:
- Wounds not healed.
- Certain types of burns .
- Surgical wounds.
In addition, this component has anti-inflammatory action and an effect against fungi .
Blastoestimulina comes in different types of presentation , each adapted to a specific condition:
- In ointment
- In powders.
The composition of this product is as follows:
- Centella asiatica extract – 0’010 grams
- Neomycin (Sulfate) – 0’0035 grams
- Excipients (Diethylene glycol monostearate, propylene glycol, corn germ oil, French lavender essence, geranium essence and purified water)
Blastoestimulina in ointment
This is the main means of application, in addition to the most common and recommended presentation due to its easy handling. This treatment helps the patient to improve quickly because the cream creates a kind of protective layer on the affected area .
Ovule type format
This Blastoestimulina format is prescribed especially for the treatment of vaginal infections, especially those that affect the inner walls of the vagina.
Also, it is usually prescribed to treat diseases such as candidiasis or vaginitis . This is due to the fact that its antibacterial properties help a quick relief, functioning as protector and regenerator of the affected areas. Due to its composition, it provides a barrier to prevent bacterial growth in the vulvovaginal mucosa.
Blastestimulin powder is usually used in cases where a faster effect is sought than with the previous formats . It is usually used in surgical cases.
Blastoestimulina has three main functions :
- First, this medication is used to accelerate healing in problems such as some kind of wound, ulcers (in external parts of the body), sores, bedsores, eczema in addition to being applied to skin burns. On the other hand, it helps to improve the appearance of the skin in wounds that already have a prolonged time.
- Second, blasto-stimulin serves as a support in the case of having undergone surgery . This is because it helps to accelerate healing, preventing infection from occurring during the healing process.
- Finally, it is worth mentioning the anti-inflammatory effect of blasto-stimulin . Besides helping to heal wounds, it prevents its different parts from becoming inflamed. Along with this effect there is an antibiotic effect, thus preventing the wound from becoming infected as a consequence of the bacteria to which it is exposed.
Like any medication, blasto-stimulin should be used with caution. For this, this medication must be applied under medical supervision . In addition, its use will depend on the type of ailment treated, with certain cases in which it will not be recommended.
- Do not use this medicine if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to any of its components.
- If the burns or ulcers to be treated are severe or affect very large areas of the skin unless your doctor so indicates.
- Although the danger of blasto-stimulin during pregnancy has not been demonstrated, it is recommended not to use the medication during the first three months of pregnancy.
- Also, it is not advised to use this medicine during the lactation stage.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages during treatment.
- Do not combine the use of blasto-stimulin in ovules with vaginal washes.
- Avoid using the medication for prolonged periods.
- Do not use it on infected wounds.
- Inform your doctor if you are using or have recently used other medicines, including those obtained without a prescription.
As with all medications, the use of blasto-stimulin can cause adverse effects. In this case, the possible side effects are itching, stinging, redness or irritation in the skin . In case its use provokes any adverse reaction, it is very important to consult a doctor immediately.