Best Ways to Deal With Anxiety Attacks Naturally Without Medication
Anxiety thrives on a person’s inability to think clearly. It is usually caused by worry and fear about someone or something that has not happened yet.
Anxiety comes from the subconscious mind because the conscious mind cannot handle the “flood” of emotions created; therefore, they are repressed into the subconscious, where Anxiety hides out until a person loses control.
Try to Avoid Caffeine and Alcohol
Alcohol will increase your chance of having an Anxiety episode due to alcohol blocking out the serotonin that keeps Anxiety at bay.
Caffeine increases Anxiety in most people because it is a stimulant.
People prone to Anxiety already have enough going on in their lives without adding caffeine and alcohol into the mix. Also, drinking coffee will cause stomach issues and increase acidity levels, which will affect digestion or absorption of your food. Foods affect how much serotonin your body produces as an essential mood stabilizer.
If you absolutely must drink coffee or alcohol, do it in the morning…if at all.
Always Avoid Stress and Anxiety Triggers
Stress is a major anxiety trigger for everyone, some more than others.
The best way to control your Anxiety is to eliminate as many potential stress factors from your life as possible. True, not all factors can be avoided, but do the best you can.
For example, if your boss is an absolute tyrant and treats everyone like crap every day, it will be hard not to take that Anxiety home with you. If you have any means of changing your job or talking to the BOSS about their behavior, then it would be wise to try.
Exercise Regularly, Even if It’s Just Walking
Exercising can help Anxiety because Anxiety comes from the body’s response to stress. Anxiety is a coping mechanism that causes muscular tension, tachycardia, and nausea, which are all responses to being threatened. Exercise helps Anxiety by releasing endorphins into the bloodstream, which will help Anxiety subside.
Find a Stress-Relieving Hobby Or Activity
Hobbies are a great way to relieve Anxiety because Anxiety comes from the body’s response to stress. Finding an activity that reduces Anxiety will help keep Anxiety away by distracting yourself from Anxiety, therefore diffusing Anxiety.
Choose to Live in the Now
By living in the now, you are not worrying about Anxiety, which is a surefire way to get rid of Anxiety. Stressing only causes Anxiety by being fearful of Anxiety; therefore, Anxiety feeds off of worry, making Anxiety stronger instead of weaker. Anxiety is a vicious cycle that feeds off of itself. Still, Anxiety can be overcome by living in the “now,” which is indeed living in the present moment and not worrying about Anxiety or anything else.
Get Plenty of Sleep Every Night
Anxiety results from stress and lack of sleep can cause anxiety to be worse. Anxiety causes restlessness and insomnia for most people, so make sure you get plenty of sleep every night to control Anxiety.
Talk to Someone Who Can Help
Anxiety is the result of a person’s inability to cope with Anxiety. Talking to someone will help prevent Anxiety from growing out of control by talking about it and giving Anxiety a chance to go away by voicing your Anxiety out loud.
Don’t drink soda
Soda is not suitable for your body. It can cause acid reflux and heartburn, which are bad news for Anxiety sufferers because an excess of stomach acid can worsen Anxiety episodes. Drink water instead.
Smoking causes a deficiency in serotonin levels, which will worsen Anxiety. Also, nicotine is highly addictive, and if you have trouble quitting smoking now, what makes you think you won’t have problems later on with an addiction to painkillers, heroin, or something else?
Up to 80% of the serotonin in your brain is dependent on the foods you eat. If your diet consists mainly of junk food, don’t be surprised if Anxiety levels increase. Increase intake of fresh vegetables and fruit for optimal health and lower anxiety levels.
Meditation Can Help You Calm Down
Meditation is a simple yet very effective technique that you can use to stop Anxiety and stress. It helps in feeling well-being, which then brings down your anxiety levels. You can listen to some light music while meditating, and it would surely help relax your mind from all the worries and tensions.
Here are a few ways to meditate.
1. Find the right time and place: You need to set aside some quiet time to focus on your breathing. Do it in a peaceful place where you won’t be disturbed by external factors like noise pollution, crowds, etc. Go out of the city for peace and tranquility.
2. Relax yourself from all tensions: Try to avoid workouts or heavy physical tasks, at least for the duration of your meditation session, as it will make you feel tired and lethargic. Have a light meal before starting your meditation session to eliminate unnecessary gaps between meals or snacks, which can interrupt your session and make you restless.
3. Wear comfortable clothes: You need to wear clothes that will keep your body cool and relaxed, preferably loose-fitting ones that can be easily removed when hot or uncomfortable.
4. Use a supportive environment: If it is possible, take the help of nature while meditating, i.e., sitting under the shade of a tree will help you feel refreshed. If not possible, use an air-cooler or a fan beside you to soothe your body and mind. You can even wear some soothing aromas like candles around you to reduce anxiety levels.
5. Set realistic goals: Don’t set a too high goal, as it will make you feel that it is impossible to achieve and then give up right away. It should be something realistic like 10 minutes of meditation initially, then gradually increase the time to 30-40 minutes.
6. Stay motivated: Keep motivating yourself by rewarding yourself with what you desire after every successful session (maybe a delicious cake). Remind yourself of the advantages of meditation and how it will help you reduce your anxiety levels. There are several books available on different forms of meditation; you can read them to know more about this technique.
Yoga Helps Get Rid of Anxiety
Yoga is another excellent technique for controlling Anxiety because it teaches you self-control and how to channel your energy into positive thoughts, making you feel relaxed and composed. Even if you don’t have enough time for meditation, yoga is the best alternative because it takes very little time and can be done anywhere — at home or in the office.
Here are a few ways to practice Yoga:
1. Bend for a while: Bend forward with your hands placed on the knees in an attempt to touch your head with your knees. This Asana is especially good for those tired and stressed out due to work pressure.
2. Put your hands behind you: Lean slightly backward, take some deep breaths and place both of your hands behind you (fingers interlocked). This Asana will help you relax and feel refreshed instantly.
3. Stand straight: Try to stand upright without moving your feet and take deep breaths for 10-15 minutes. During rush hour, in the office, or while riding a bus/train, don’t do this. The main advantage of this Asana is that you can practice it at any place and anytime.
4. Pranayam: Pranayam is the most effective way to control Anxiety because it helps you concentrate on something other than your thoughts, which will help you relax and calm down. It is a breathing exercise that involves slow breathing techniques which promote deep relaxation. This will help channel energy into positive instead of being distracted by negative thoughts.
How to Practice Pranayam?
Start your session with a few normal breaths, then create a gap between two breaths and slowly exhale the air from your lungs while holding your breath outside. Make sure that the inhaled air should be filled in your lungs so that there will be no air left for you to exhale.
Inhale the fresh air and repeat this process with a gap of 5-6 breaths between each inhaling and exhaling exercise. And while doing this, doesn’t hold your breath longer as it might cause dizziness or other related problems. The more you practice, the better you will become.
Take a Supplement
Anxiety is the result of the brain not producing enough serotonin, so taking a supplement will increase your body’s production of serotonin.
Several antianxiety supplements can be used to help Anxiety. Do not underestimate the power of an antianxiety supplement to help your Anxiety.
Anxiety is a real problem and should not be taken lightly. It is essential to know how to get rid of Anxiety quickly so that your life will not be affected by it. Taking the steps above will make a world of difference when treating Anxiety.