5 Risks Involved in Buying Drugs Online
Over the recent years, a thousand sites have been popping up offering prescribed medications to individuals without a prescription needed. We surveyed 100 doctors based in the United States; they expressed that around half of their patients have admitted purchasing medications from online pharmacies.
Online pharmacies have become very popular today because of their convenience. Their lower prices have also encouraged people to purchase medicines online. Thus, people opt to buy drugs online instead of going to the neighboring drug stores because of their affordability. However, you must bear in mind that there are risks involved in purchasing drugs online, such as :
1- Counterfeit drugs
Most online pharmacies buy drugs from the black market. The drugs may be packaged the same way as the original product. However, they are not original. These counterfeit drugs are designed in ways that trick even pharmacists into believing they are the best medication. A lab test is the only way to tell if the solution is genuine or fake. Impotence drugs like Viagra, Cialis, and Levitra brands are the most reported drugs to be counterfeited from developed countries in Africa and Latin America.
Because of buying medicines online, people have developed severe health problems such as pancreases failure and cirrhosis. Customers also receive the wrong prescription because of improper labeling. Their products are produced using unsafe production standards.
2- Risk to medical and financial records
The most illegitimate online pharmacist does not protect the records of their customers. They do not use a secure socket encryption layer to protect customers’ medical records. Thus, living customer records are viable to anyone who may want to use the forms for their gain. They may even sell your documents to other internet operators, making you a target for rip-off schemes.
3- Availability of scam websites
These websites are mainly created to take away money from innocent customers. They sell low-quality drugs to lure customers to get money. The drugs eventually cause harm to a person’s health because the manufacturer’s origin is not viable.
4- Late delivery
Some online pharmacies promise to deliver products at a specific date, but they fail to. This can be a severe problem for individuals who need regular medication overnight.
Most online pharmacists are unlicensed. Thus, they end up supplying drugs that have dangerous ingredients. They sell drugs that are either too weak or firm for the patients. They also give unapproved FDA or expired medications.
Thankfully, you can avoid this by reading various reviews here at Rxzona.com. There are multiple reasons why you should view online pharmacists’ reviews before purchasing drugs online.
- You will get a wealth of information about the pharmacy. Records such as their experience and services will be available in the review.
- You will see all the popular websites that sell medication, making you have a variety of places where you can buy your prescription online.
- Some reviews will contain comments and feedback from customers to show you how their site runs their business.
- You will get information about scam websites. They are posted as soon as uncovered to help you not become a victim of online fraud.
- Most of the review sites will have a blog to post different articles about health and medication. This gives you a clear picture of the products you may be interested in.
- The reviews also contain testimonials from actual buyers. Either in written form or videos. This shows that the online pharmacy is transparent.
Frequently, online pharmacy websites can appear genuine and approved. As it may, a few websites are illicit and supply fake and even unsafe prescriptions to their clients; we have discussed this Scamming model while reviewing In house Pharmacy. Using the online reviews will be safe to buy your medication online. Make sure that the online pharmacy is known and licensed.